..for some CRANBERRY, WHITE CHOCOLATE & CINNAMON TAHINI COOKIES.
Can I just first start of by saying these babies have probably been the quickest thing I’ve ever baked since the beginning of baking time. Like literally, it took about 10 minutes to put all together (speedy Gonzales, I know ;)) and then baking time roughly 10-15 minutes! Woah woah woah hold your horses mate I hear you say. SO all in all, about 25 minutes altogether! Woweee. I bet that’s already gearing you to make these zeelicious treats right away!
So, cranberries are like a staple product for Christmas, plus they’re full of antioxidants (a word I like to fling around quite a lot to make me sound all sciency, jokes hehe). But no, honestly, cranberries are classified as a healthy fruit, so balances out the use of white chocolates wouldn’t you agree? *wink wink*
ALSO, I’ve experimented a bit and added cinnamon tahini spread wonderfully created by “Mombasa”- a vegan, nut-friendly and palm-oil free brand. SAY WHATTT!?! Incredible right?! Ticks all the right boxes right there and tahini is a great source to keeping a healthy heart. What more do you need?! I think I’ve found a magical product to include in my bakes now! Check 'em out here ---> https://www.instagram.com/eatmombasa/.
Although I’m not exactly a peanut butter fan, which is what this tahini spread tastes like, the touch of cinnamon tastes great and works well with these cranberry and white chocolate cookies. I added only a tiny amount (1 and a half teaspoon) to experiment and it honestly tastes lovely- a subtle hint of the spread works wonders for me. Andddd, I’m not sure if I’m hallucinating but when I took these cookies out I could actually smell the cinnamon, and I looovee the smell of cinnamon! So with a small amount of this spread, I’m surprised. I’ll experiment again and let y’all know if I wasn’t dreaming in cinnamon land!
You can also choose to drizzle these cookies with the tahini spread (pictured below), which also tastes fab. A cookie bursting with flavours I say. It’s a win win for me!
The recipe was taken from Sallys Bake Blog (who is AHH-MAAZINGG! https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/ <-- check her out!) and I made a few amendments. You can choose how much of each ingredient you would like. I think for me, I actually added a bit tooo much white chocolate (whoops) and not enough cranberry but each to their own! You can choose to use white chocolate chips or chunks of white chocolate, whichever you prefer. I mixed white chocolate chips with Milky Bar buttons (yuuumm). Don’t be afraid to experiment a little, you never know what you’ll end up creating and I’m sure it will taste delicious regardless!
So, here we goo..
INGREDIENTS: (makes 18 cookies)
100g soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
190g wholemeal plain flour
1 and a half teaspoon Mombasa cinnamon tahini spread
½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
120g fresh cranberries
140g white chocolate (in this case 70g of milky bar buttons and 70g of white chocolate chips)
1. Turn oven on to Gas mark 5 and cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper. If you have two trays, that would help!
2. Cream together butter, soft brown sugar and caster sugar. Next, whisk in the egg until all smooth. This is the point where I added the Mombasa cinnamon tahini spread. Whisk a little so it all blends in.
3. Then sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Stir well until a cookie dough mixture is formed. Finally add in the white chocolate and cranberries.
4. Then form small little dough balls and place them onto the baking tray. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, checking them and turning the tray around halfway between.
5. Once baked, they should be slightly golden in colour and may be a little soft but after leaving them to stand for a minute or two, they will be just perfect. Then remove and place onto wire rack or plate and munch away!